amigodata was founded three years ago, with the objective of helping data centers reduce the total amount of energy they consume. We recognized a growing problem for data storage, its cost, and its contribution to climate change. We have developed a practical solution that offers better security, improved network performance, real-time data placement and recall for stored information, and savings of not less than 50% on energy.
Our solution is both highly effective and easy to use and has already undergone proof of concept. We accomplish all of this with a hardware and software agnostic tool. Those choices are left to the customer, recognizing there are many great products available and each end-user knows what best meets its needs. Our pricing is also based on actual energy savings to the client, and with carbon credits included, our solution may actually be free to the client.
What We Do
Our approach begins with algorithmically organizing files based on file usage. We identify the date a file was last opened with our rule called 30+1. It’s easily adjusted and managed in real-time.
How We Do It
amigodata reduces the energy DC’s use for storing data. Our carbon friendly solution is 100% agnostic. It begins when we re-program the systems data management policies for better placement and recall. We organize your data allowing you to regain control of your network.
Why We Do It
DC’s are extremely power-hungry. They produce 2x more greenhouse gas than the airline sector. Without changing how data is managed, the amount of energy required will soon become completely unmanageable.
“We Combat Climate Change by helping both public and private data centers reduce the amount of energy they consume for storing data by no less than 50%.”
Founder / CEO
- 3 Exits as an Entrepreneur
- Experienced Technologist and Ex Investment Banker (Morgan Stanley)
- Current Board Member The Jonathan Foundation, BitMinutes, Remco & amigodata
Founder / COO
- 2 Exits as an Entrepreneur
- Operations Expert in Budgeting, Streamlining, Efficiency, Project & Team Management.
- Business Development Consultant Focused on Startup to Mid-Size Opportunities & Venture Capital.
Vice President Sales
- Multiple Exits in the Data Storage Space With 20 Years Experience.
- Natural Leader, Player/Coach.
- 15 Consecutive Years Above Quota Both Personal and Teams Managed.
- Experienced Fortune 500 C-level
executive whose recognized for turning IT into a company differentiated advantage.
Barry Lunt P.H.D.
- Former IBM engineer author and
co-author of a number of storage technology patents.
- Founder of two publicly traded storage companies, an enterprise storage system design and co-author of a number of storage design patents.
Data Centers Dirty Secrets
The Time For Action Is Now
Taken as a whole, the range of published evidence indicates that the net damage costs of climate change will be significant, and increase over time. Human-induced warming is superimposed on a naturally varying climate.
The rise in temperature is not uniform and varies by region. Industrialized countries must take critical steps to reduce the amount of electricity consumed, since 80% of the world’s produced power starts as fossil fuel. It has become crucial that we make our things more energy-efficient; if we fail, the problem accelerates.
– Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
“Adults keep saying we owe it to the young people, to give them hope, but I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. I want you to act. I want you to act as you would in a crisis. I want you to act as if the house is on fire, because it is.”
Greta Thunberg, 17 year-old Swedish Activist